Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Altec A7

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got a pair of A7 cabinets, no drivers but I think that the x-overs are there....

    I have a pair of TAD 1601a Loudspeakers that I am going to load into the cabinets....

    A. Do you all think that will be good?

    B. Should I search out 511Bs w/902-8A HF drivers -- or are there other choices that would be better?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What frequency is the crossover? If it's 500Hz then use 511's. If it's 800Hz then use 811's. If you are going to use these cabinets in a relatively shallow area (like a living or family room) you would probably be best served by the 811's. The 511's were intended to project all the way to the back of a 400 seat theater and can be a little strange at close range.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that the X-over is at 500Hz due to it having the 511B horns before.....


    Which HF drivers should I be on the look-out for, there seems to be a variety of choices -- I am looking more for a music speaker when doen than a PA, If that makes a difference....

    Thanks again, and I need to start reading up on the A7......

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    For HI-FI, 802-8G and either use a high output impedance tube amp or digital EQ or a R/C network to flatten its response and 'lift up' the extreme HF.

    GM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.